Saturday, January 12, 2013

I'm working on a new project for one of my Craftsy Courses.  I'm taking Pepper Corey's Scrap Quilting class.  The project that I'm working on is her Phone Book Quilt.  What you do is take an old phone book and it has to be a couple of years old so that the ink won't rub off, and sew strips on it. You basically only need one fabric to anchor everything and this piece gets put in the middle of the paper diagonally.  Then you choose two colors and do half on color and the other half another color. I'm having a blast with the project and using up a lot of the scraps that I've gotten.

Here is a photo of my efforts so far:

These first three blocks I used strips of any size just cutting them as I went.  Yesterday and Today I spent time with my hubby watching tv and while doing so I cut strips of 1.5 and 2.0 widths to have ready to just sit down and sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment